There are lots of great places to ski in our area! Check out our summary of nearby spots that we all love to visit.
Sundown Ski Resort
- Total Vertical Drop of 475 feet, with Runs Carved Among Picturesque Cedar Trees
- 21 Scenic Trails with Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Runs
- 2 Terrain Parks with Progressive Features
- 2 Mountain Top Lodges Overlooking 100 Square Miles of Countryside
- Tips Up Food & Spirits
- Molly's Mountaintop Coffee
- Kids Park Facility for Children Ages 3-11
- Ski and Snowboard Lessons for All Ages and Abilities
- State-of-the-Art Snowmaking and Grooming
- Family Friendly Fun & Much More!
Chesnut Mountain Resort
Chestnut Mountain Resort is a snowboarding park near Chicago, fit for all types of snow sports enthusiasts, amateurs and professionals. Beginners can freely learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding from our professional instructors. More advanced skiers and snowboarders, on the other hand, can turn Chestnut Mountain Resort into their playground. With our range of amenities, facilities, and services, we provide our guests with nothing but an exciting skiing and snowboarding experience.
Snowstar is a great family destination. No matter your experience level, we have something everyone can enjoy. Plus, we offer skiing and snowboard lessons to get you ready for the slopes.
- 15 ski and snowboard trails
- Massive terrain park
- 11 snow tubing lanes
- 2,200-foot zip line course
- Night skiing and tubing